Data Analysis is the organization and representation of information. Information can be represented in a bar chart, graph, pie chart or table.
- Banks and stock markets use graphs to track the progress of stocks and other investments.
- Companies, shops and businesspeople use bar charts and/or graphs to track the progress of sales of their product/products.
- Schools, institutions and teachers use pie charts, bar charts and graphs to track statistics within the school such as examination results and student heights and weights.
Who uses it?
- Banks and stock markets
- Companies, shops and businesspeople
- Schools, institutions and teachers
- Engineers and scientists
- Individuals (to track their expenses, etc.)
Why is it used?
Data analysis is used because it is an easy way to track the progress of something or compare statistics.