Sunday, January 16, 2011

Math Journal (14th to 16th January, 2010)

14th January, 2010:
  • I went home by the MRT. I calculated the estimated time of arrival by multiplying the number of stops remaining by the estimate of 2 minutes per stop and then adding the remaining time of the ride to the time then.
  • I calculated the cost of the trip home to see when I would need to top my transit card up. I did this by dividing the remaining value in my card by the cost of the trip home (I only take the MRT back home from school).
15th January, 2010:
  • I had to do the quiz posted on the S1-03 Math Blog. I needed to use Math to do the whole quiz.
  • I flew an airplane on my flight simulator. I had to calculate various things, such as the remaining fuel at the half mark of the flight, the landing distance and the rate of descent during my approach to the runway.
16th January, 2010
  • I had to calculate the serving size of food for lunch to see if it was enough for everyone.
  • I calculated the time needed to do the remaining homework, including this Math Journal. The estimate was 2 and a half hours, and I’ve finished it in just 2 hours!

1 comment:

  1. Imaginative use of math, I'd say ... but why assume a 2 min inter-station time when you could have just subtracted start time (when you boarded the train)from end time (when you got off the train?

    ReplyDelete